- Power ON the registry (POS) by pressing and holding the power button, located underneath the screen. (hold it until you see a “Square” Logo on the screen.)
- Wait until POS boots up (~30 seconds)
- Wake-up the POS by pressing a power button once. The button is located underneath the screen.
Simply tap on the screen
- If prompted, please enter your 4-digit PIN code to access the registry.
Note: Always attach a customer to the sale!
- To start a new order, tap on the dropdown next to “No Sale”
- Tap “Add Customer”
- Select customer from the list.
Use the search field to find a customer by last name, first name, member ID (iMIS ID) or email address.
- Once you found a customer, simply tap on his/her name.
- Look at the customer profile and verify APIC membership status by looking at the “other” field.
- If a customer is a member, you should see “APIC Member”
- If a customer is a non-member, it will say “Non-member”
- Map selected customer to the order, by tapping on “Add to Sale” option, located in the top right corner.
- Begin new order by adding products from the list.
Tap on the product name.
TIP: Use “Search All Items” functionality to avoid scrolling back and force.
- Some products may have different prices for members and non-members.
Select the price that matches customer member status.
- Adjust product quantity if needed
- Tap “Add” button to add selected item to the order
The product will appear in the order list
- Complete Steps 7-10 for each item
- Once you ready to checkout, tap “Charge $XX.XX” button
- Once checkout is initiated, you will see the following popup
The customer screen will display checkout instructions, prompting to insert, tap or swipe a credit card.
- Once the transaction is approved, the customer will be asked to remove Credit Card
- Electronic Signature
If a customer is subscribed to the Square electronic receipt, the receipt will be sent automatically to the email associated with the Credit Card.
If a customer used his/her Credit Card with the Square system for the first time, he/she will be presented with an option to get a receipt by Email or
Customer selects “Email” option
If APIC has a customer email address on file, it will be prepopulated on the screen.
The customer still has an option to alter it if needed.
- Transaction is complete