Teams Renaming Conventions
Internal Teams: Teams created for communication and collaboration among employees within our organization.
External Teams: Teams created for communication and collaboration with external stakeholders, such as members, partners, vendors (any team that contains “guests”).
New Teams Naming Conventions:
Internal Department Teams: [INT] - [Department Name]
- Example 1: INT – Human Resources
- Example 2: INT – Marketing
Internal Cross-Functional Teams: [INT] - [Function] - [Team Name]
- Example 1: INT – Project – Website Redesign
Example 2: INT – Projects – BD/EDU
(Beneath the main team, there could be numerous channels dedicated to individual projects.)
External Teams: [EXT] - [Purpose (Committee/Task Force/Other)] - [Team Name]
- Example 1: EXT – Committee – Annual Conference
- Example 2: EXT – Task Force – Long-Term Care
- Example 3: EXT – Annual Conference Planning - Speaker Coordination
Teams Renaming Instructions
Step 1. In MS Teams, go to a team you would like to change the team name and select the "More options" icon.
Step 2. From the drop-down menu, select "Edit team"
Step 3. In the "Edit team" window, select the text box below "Team name" to edit your team's name.
Step 4. Select "Done" to save your changes or select "Cancel" to cancel the edits.